Expandable banners provide a user-initiated panel to extend the ad beyond standard unit ad dimensions. The expanded panel allows extra space for users to interact with the partner’s message without leaving the page.
The 728×90 leaderboard expands to a 728×300 (970×90 leaderboard expands to 970×300 also acceptable). Panels expand below the creative. The expand (and close) is user initiated on-click. The expanded ad unit must include a close button.
- Initial Dimensions: 728×90
- Expanded Dimensions: 728×300. Expansion must be user-initiated
- Max Initial File Load Size*: 50 KB
- Frames per Second: Minimum 24 fps for video
- Third Party Rich Media
- Max initial size: 150 KB
- Max polite file load size: 1 MB
- Subsequent max user-initiated file load size: 2.2 MB progressive video
- *Initial file load: Includes all assets and files necessary for completing first visual display of the Ad.
General Ad Requirements (Apply to all ads):
- Interest-Based Advertising (IBA): Include IBA self-regulation controls for ads using behavioral targeting (5 KB max file size)
- Hotspot: Not to exceed 1/4 size of ad. Initiated when cursor rests on hotspot for at least 1 sec. Must NOT initiate audio.
- Max CPU: Ad not to exceed 30% CPU usage during host-initiated execution.
- Submission lead time: Minimum lead time for ad file submission is 6 days before campaign start.
Additional Advertising Restrictions
- Competitive: Ads must not contain any link to competitive sites
- Expansion: User initiated close button required. Hover to expand is allows if at least 3 seconds. The ad should collapse if user does not interact with user-initiated expanded ad for 7 seconds
- Audio: No auto play sound; must be user-initiated.
- Rich Media: Max Frame rate of 24 FPS
- Pop ups / Pop Unders: Are Not Allowed, including Interstitial units which are overlays
- ESRB logo: Roadblocks must include approved ESRB logo for endemic campaigns visible on units at all times. ESRB on either 728×90 or 300×250 or on skin next to right of the 728×90
- Click through URLs: Must open a new browser window unless using an in-site url
- Labelling Requirements, etc.: Ad unit content must be clearly distinguishable from normal webpage content (i.e. ad unit must have clearly defined borders and not be confused with normal page content)
- Max video length: 30 secs
- Max animation length: 4 loops Max or 15 seconds. No Rapid or Strobing animation.